This was a great DIY project. We wanted to refinish my old bedroom furniture for the babies room. My wife hates the brown and almost refuses to allow it in the house. This is how I made it so it was acceptable for her.
First off since it has a Polyurethane coating on it you have 2 options strip it or paint over it with a primer. I chose to paint over with a primer. The Primer must be an oil based Primer in order to cover the Polyurethane coat. I used Zinsser Pros Primer with Stain Blocker in White. This is not an easy clean up. I just planned on throwing away the roller and brush. Second step is to get paint. I choose a self-leveling highly durable high gloss paint.
- Paint roller (use a smooth Foam roller for cabinets)
- Screw Driver
- Paint Roller Pan
- 100 and 200 Grit Sand Paper
- Paint Brushes (not foam)
- Wood putty and Putty knife
- Polycrylic protectant
- Step One remove all hardware from the furniture with your screw driver. If you have any cuts or deep gashes in the wood use the putty to fill them and wait until dry then sand it smooth. Any marks or low areas you can sand down and make the furniture nice and smooth.
- Once the furniture is nice and smooth. Pour your primer into the pan and use your paint brush to paint the non-smooth areas and corners. Once done with that use the roller to paint all flat areas. The primer dries fast so paint in sections. Half of one side at a time. Watch for drips in the non-smooth areas. The paint likes to drip along corners and in crevasses.
- After it is primed the best thing to do is wait a couple days until it is totally dry. If you sand too early it will gum up the sand paper quickly. If you have a nice smooth surface use the 200 grit sand paper to sand it smooth and you are ready for a second coat and then paint. If you have some non-smooth areas then use the 100 grit sand paper very lightly sanding down the runs and unsmooth primer. Once done with 100 go over everything with 200 and then get ready for paint.
- Painting. The same process applies for paint as did the primer. Corner and crevasses first, then roller, light sand and it’s done. I used a black spray paint on the handles to make them look fresh you can buy replacements, but measure the old ones so the holes line up when you buy new ones.
5. Sand down any areas needed and do light touch up with the paint.
6. Finally when it looks great go over it 3 times painting the whole thing with Polycrylic. This add’s a layer of protectant on the paint to prevent damage. I used a paint brush for this. It’s clear just choose the correct shine gloss or matte. Once it is dry put everything back together. I would let it really dry (days later). Because if the drawer is still wet it will be tacky and stick to the other parts of the furniture.
It is not always easy to get cash through other external resources, usually to deal with health care needs. Sundry medicaments are used to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, such as poor muscle control. The medicine is used together with other medicines to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. There are remedies intended only for women. Have a question about Viagra and “viagra samples free by mail“? Most likely every adult knows at least some about “non prescription viagra alternative“. More data about this question available at “http://corpmoreinfo.com/viagra-stories.html“. Sexual soundness is an important part of a man’s living. Unfortunately the inability to have a satisfactory sexual relationship impact sexual heartiness. And the pills are generally elaborate safe. Common side effects can switch on so-called blue vision, but it is certainly more common when you take more than the amount set. Doubtless your physician will take into account potential drug interactions with Viagra, your age and any previous experience you have had with the treatment.