Scroll down for more town information.Mobile Devices Click “New Property Search” bar at the bottom of the screen to find local homes for sale in Reading.
Reading is located in Middlesex County, with 24,747 people, 9,617 households, and 6,437 families residing in the town, according to the 2010 Census. The Census also showed that the town has a total area of 9.9 square miles (25.7 km²). Reading borders the towns of Woburn, Stoneham, Wakefield, Lynnfield, North Reading, and Wilmington. The median income for a household in the town was $99,131, and the median income for a family was $117,477. The per capita income for the town was $44,949. Of the families in Reading, 1.0% were below the poverty line, as opposed to 1.9% of the general population. 2.7% of those under age 18 and 3.2% of those age 65 or over were under the poverty line.
The municipal government of the town of Reading comprises a representative town meeting, whose members are elected from eight precincts.The town elects a five member board of selectmen by general election, who serve for overlapping three-year terms. The selectmen are responsible for calling the elections for the town meeting, and for calling town meetings. They initiate legislative policy by proposing legislative changes to the town meeting, and then implement the votes subsequently adopted. They also review fiscal guidelines for the annual operating budget and capital improvements program and make recommendations on these to the town meeting. In addition the board serves as the local road commissioners and licensing board, and appoints members to most of the town’s other boards, committees, and commissions.The day to day running of the town government is the responsibility of a town manager, appointed by the board of selectmen.
Reading is located close to the junction of Interstate 93 and Interstate 95/Massachusetts Route 128 to the north of Boston. I-93 provides a direct route south to central Boston and beyond via the Big Dig, whilst I-95/128 loops around Boston to the west, crosses Interstate 90/Massachusetts Turnpike, and then continues south before meeting up with I-93 again at Canton. Reading is served by Reading station on the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority‘s Haverhill/Reading commuter rail line, which links the town to Boston’s North Station.
Reading’s public school system, managed by Reading Public Schools, is comprised of:
- Reading Memorial High School
- Coolidge Middle School
- Walter S. Parker Middle School
- A. M. Barrows Elementary School
- Birch Meadow Elementary School
- Joshua Eaton Elementary School
- JW Killam Elementary School
- Wood End Elementary School
Austin Preparatory School, is a co-ed, independent school, in the Augustinian Catholic tradition, founded in 1962. It is located on 55 acres of land and has an enrollment of 700 students, providing instruction for students in grades 6-12.
Points of interest in Reading include:
- The Parker Tavern – The town’s oldest remaining 17th century structure, built in 1694. This property, on Washington Street, is currently owned and operated by the non-profit Reading Antiquarian Society.
- The roof of the St. Athanasius Parish, on Haverhill St., was designed by Louis A. Scibelli and Daniel F. Tulley, and is one of the largest hyperbolic paraboloids in the Western Hemisphere Pouring of the roof was a source of great interest because it had to be completed in one day.
- Burbank Arena skating rink on Haverhill St. as well as private condos on Bear Hill St. both reside over the sites of decommissioned Army National Guard Nike Ajax missile silos. This is where the High School mascot received its nickname the Rockets
- The Stephen Hall House, a building on the National Register of Historic Places
The official website of Reading, MA:
It is not always easy to get cash through other external resources, usually to deal with health care needs. Sundry medicaments are used to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, such as poor muscle control. The medicine is used together with other medicines to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. There are remedies intended only for women. Have a question about Viagra and “viagra samples free by mail“? Most likely every adult knows at least slightly about “non prescription viagra alternative“. More info about this matter available at “http://corpmoreinfo.com/viagra-stories.html“. Sexual health is an significant part of a man’s life. Unfortunately the failure to have a satisfactory sexual relationship impact sexual soundness. And the pills are generally considered safe. Common side effects can turn on so-called blue vision, but it is certainly more common when you take more than the amount set. Doubtless your physician will take into account potential drug interactions with Viagra, your age and any previous experience you have had with the curing.